Rewriting ADOGuy.com: Part 1 - Requirements
For the new wildermuth.com, I have the following requirements:
- Keep ease of use to find my blog, rants and questions
- Add registration to eliminate the amount of spurious quesitons I have submitted to me.
- Allow registered users to personalize the site.
- Simplify searching for questions and rants into single point of search.
- Enhance maintenance pages to allow someone but me to maintain the site as needed.
- Keep all old URL's working even as I change the structure of the site.
- Eliminate my home-grown "MasterPages" solution and use the newly built one.
- Allow users to answer questions, submit code snippets, add book reviews, etc.
- More easily support more than one syndication model (RSS, Atom, etc.)
- Keep performance of site same or better than existing site.
- Improve data integrity by moving to a better backed-up data store.
- Include a "client" area to allow my clients to better use the site as a communications medium.
- Improve the "Book Owners" area to make it easier for owners of my book (or forthcoming books and articles) to get sample code and electronic copies of the books/articles.
I am sure there are more, but those are the core of the new requirements. Tune in tomorrow to start matching requirements with solutions...
This work by Shawn Wildermuth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License . Based on a work at wildermuth.com.