Apple is Learning Lessons from Real
I installed the new version of iTunes recently and its amazing how many running services and background tasks Apple is installing:
- Bonjour Service: a new network stack, not even marked as Apple
- iPodService: I don’t have an iPod, so don’t make me run it?
- iTunesHelper: Why do I need a helper when iTunes isn’t running?
- QuickTime: Huh? I thought it was a music player…maybe music in the MTV view of music.
- qttask: Luckily my Annoying Process Killer is doing its job and killing this.
Please make it stop. Guess I could just uninstall iTunes…I only use it to buy music, never to listen to it (I think its a crap player). If only MSN would get a library their size. I haven’t tried with Vista yet, but I do hope that I get asked if an installer is installing anything into Run, RunOnce or into the SCM! This is ridiculous…I can only imagine how many tasks are running on my mother’s system!