Now that Visual Studio 2008 is released it would be nice to do some Silverlight development on it (instead of the Beta). Good and bad news:
- Silverlight 1.0 isn’t supported out of the box…but
- My workaround to add 1.0 development to VS 2008 still works:
- Silverlight 1.1 also isn’t supported out of the box…and
- The Silverlight 1.1 Alpha Development tools will install but do *not* work in VS 2008 RTM
- The Silverlight.net’s Getting Started section has been changed to say that a new version of the tools are coming, but are not available yet. I’ll post a link to them when they are ready.