Visual Studio 2008 Release and Silverlight Development
November 19, 2007
Now that Visual Studio 2008 is released it would be nice to do some Silverlight development on it (instead of the Beta). Good and bad news:
- Silverlight 1.0 isn’t supported out of the box…but
- My workaround to add 1.0 development to VS 2008 still works:
- Silverlight 1.1 also isn’t supported out of the box…and
- The Silverlight 1.1 Alpha Development tools will install but do *not* work in VS 2008 RTM
- The Silverlight.net’s Getting Started section has been changed to say that a new version of the tools are coming, but are not available yet. I’ll post a link to them when they are ready.
This work by Shawn Wildermuth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License . Based on a work at wildermuth.com.