Windows Phone 7 Tools Final!
As everyone is blogging, the new Windows Phone 7 tools (final release) are available! Go get them and start building. It includes:
- Visual Studio Express for the Phone (or it installs VS support into your version of VS).
- Expression Blend 4 (full version but only the phone support, but will integrate with your Blend 4 version if installed)
- Phone Emulator
- Developer Phone Registration Tool
The installer comes with both Silverlight and XNA for the phone.
For those of you who have been using the tools, it will require you uninstall everything. When you upgrade you’ll see a couple of new features:
- New Pivot and Panorama controls for creating WP7 looking apps.
- New Pivot and Panorama templates.
In addition to these new features, they’ve announced the new Silverlight Toolkit for the Windows Phone 7 which includes new controls including:
In addition to these controls, there is a new GestureService class which will help you bind touch gestures (Tap, DoubleTap, Hold, Drag, Flick and Pinch) to events so you can handle touch in an easier way than ever. I’ll have a post about this pretty soon.