In a Perfect World? Build Conference Wishes
I am headed to Build Windows next week and I have a lot of hopes for the conference. I haven’t been to a conference as an attendee alone in quite a long time. I am anxious to see what the v.Next is out of Redmond.
I didn’t get to go to the 2000 PDC that changed everything…so I really wanted to be here for this conference. Is this going to change everything again? I have no earthly idea but I hope for a mix of new and old.
Here is what will happen at Build if this were a perfect world:
- XAML figures prominently in building Windows 8 applications.
- Silverlight and HTML5 both can be used to build applications.
- Windows Phone and Windows 8 have a great synergy (like iOS/OS X).
- Keynotes won’t include all sorts of gimmicky language like WP7’s unveiling.
- When IE10 is talked about, the arrogance that we saw at MIX is long-gone.
- .NET isn’t sidetracked.
- Windows 8 development model is extended to Xbox and Windows Phone.
- I get to see all the great people I love at conferences.
- Attendees get that great looking Samsung tablet that’s rumored.
Here’s crossing my fingers.
(NOTE: I’ve been asked a lot lately about what is happening at Build Windows. To be clear, I have no idea what is going to happen…but you should keep your eyes out to see what’s happening.)