A new version of the Phoney Tools are available now (v0.3.1). This is the last Alpha release before I get ready for Beta in the next couple of weeks. The official release is slated for MIX11!
Changes in this version include:
- Refactored FadingMessage class to not allow concurrent messages, but you can get the behavior by deriving your own FadingMessage class (example is shown in the Example app).
- Added new Converters: StringFormat, VisibilityConverter, NullVisibilityConverter, MoneyConverter and DateTime Converter.
- Added new class called GameTimer to handle the FrameworkDispatcher.Update for you when using certain XNA libraries from Silverlight.
- Added new class called MicrophoneRecorder to simplify recording sound.
- Added new class called SoundEffectPlayer to simplify playing sounds without a MediaElement.
- Added new class called PhoneNetworking to allow you to detect what type of network connection the phone is using (if any).
- Fixed a number of small bugs.
- Refactored the Example application to show off all the new features.
You can get the library by going to http://phoney.codeplex.com or using NuGet to get the latest Phoney Tools package!
Let me know what you think!